Saturday, October 10, 2015

Transcriptioners Always Needed

After a month, I must say I am a fan of transcribing. This is, by far, the most interesting work from home opportunity that I have come across. I started out with SpeechPad, which I still check daily for projects, but I noticed their offerings are rather slim pickings and their pay is for the birds. I later came across Rev.com and I literally feel like I can turn this into a full-time gig.

Who can do this job? Anyone with patience and a little bit of typing experience. At first, you may feel like you are horrible, but once you get your first deposit and realize that you just did it without having to get screamed at by an angry customer or no one was yelling at you about whatever office managers and supervisors yell at you about, it feels a lot better.

I recommend pacing yourself at first, as you will see these high paying projects and want to dive right on, but I'll be the first to tell you, start slow and easy. Pick up projects that are 10 minutes or less to get your feet wet. With time, you'll be averaging $10/hour  easily, and slowly building.

The website interface is absolutely awesome and I haven't come across any issues that I couldn't overcome with a quick refresh of the page.

Rev.com pays weekly via Paypal and they are always on time. You will be an independent contractor and therefore responsible for your own taxes. The work is plentiful but that doesn't mean it's easy. While you get to choose your projects, sometimes it can be frustrating previewing clip after clip of bad audio, but the great thing is, their project list constantly updates. Plus, you can try out to become a captioner and a project grader once you graduate to upper levels of what they call "revving."

For a college student or a stay-at-home parent looking to supplement their income, Rev.com is the way to go, especially if you have smaller children. The flexibility is amazing!

Another cool thing about Rev.com, and doing this type of work, is that you have the opportunity to learn from the projects that you work on. I have had some of the most interesting projects, so while the job can be tedious, it's not boring. I've also increased my typing skills and my grammar skills, which could translate into some nice additions to my resume.

Check out Rev.com. It's worth a shot!!

Check out SNS Classifieds for other work-from-home opportunities!!


1 comment:

  1. Find out how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.
    CLICK HERE TO START IMMEDIATELY

    ReplyDelete